Latest Jobs Civil Engineer CPRI JRF Posts
NAME OF ORGANIZATION
Central Power Research Institute (CPRI)
Degree | Post Graduate
NAME OF POST
JRF and SRF
2 year Contract
Freshers may apply
₹ 20,000 pm
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CPRI/R&D/02/2021
JUNIOR / SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP (JRF/SRF) PROGRAMME
Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) with headquarter at Bangalore and units located at Bhopal, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Noida, Kolkata and Guwahati, functions as a National Power Research Organization for undertaking and/or sponsoring research and development projects in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution and operation of electricity supply systems. CPRI acts as an apex body for initiating and coordinating the R&D in the field of electric power.
CPRI is a Research Centre affiliated to Visvesvarya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi and Rastrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU), Nagpur.
Applications are invited for Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and Junior Research Fellow (JRF). Under this programme a SRF/JRF gets opportunity to work full time at CPRI laboratories at Bangalore and other units of CPRI. Available laboratory, computational and Library facilities are provided for carrying out the work on research projects undertaken by officials of CPRI.
Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Ph.D. (Engg) (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Chemical): Post Graduate in Engineering from any Institution / University recognized by AICTE with first class in the relevant area of specialization with consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research with valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score.
Ph.D. (Chemistry): M.Sc. (Chemistry)/ M.Phil (Chemistry) with first class in the relevant area of specialization with consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research with valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) / UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) score.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Chemical): Graduate in Engineering from any Institution / University recognized by AICTE, having first class with consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research and valid GATE score.
Candidates who had applied against the Advertisement No. CPRI/R&D/01/2021 need not apply again, as all applications received against both the advertisements will be processed together.
Selection: CPRI will shortlist the candidates for admission to M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D on merit, based on average percentage of marks obtained in all semesters in the qualifying examination (Graduate/Post-graduate in Engineering/M.Sc), GATE score and marks obtained in personal interview. Shortlisted candidates should apply to VTU/RTMNU through “CPRI Research Centre” for admission to M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D. Candidates who are declared eligible for M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D, by VTU/RTMNU will be awarded Fellowship by CPRI.
Remuneration and other facilities:
1. SRF shall get Rs.30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) per month
2. JRF shall get Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) per month
3. JRFs/SRFs will be provided accommodation at CPRI quarters, subject to availability on payment of nominal rent and subsidized canteen facility at par with CPRI officials.
4. SRF/JRFs are eligible for hike in fellowship upon meeting the stipulated performance criterion.
5. SRF/JRFs are sponsored to attend conferences to present technical papers
Duration of Fellowship is three (03) years for SRFs with a provision of extension up to one year in exceptional cases, based on the recommendation of the Committee appointed by the Competent Authority.
Duration of Fellowship is two (02) years for JRFs with a provision of extension up to six months in exceptional cases, based on the recommendation of the Committee appointed by the Competent Authority.
If the performance of the JRF/SRF is not found to be satisfactory, his/her fellowship may be discontinued before the completion of tenure.
How to apply:
1. Candidates may apply in the prescribed application form given in Annexure – II. Completely filled in Application Form and all necessary enclosures may be sent in a sealed cover superscribed with ‘APPLICATION FOR JRF / SRF’ to ‘Chief Administrative Officer’, Central Power Research Institute, Prof.Sir C.V. Raman Road, PB NO.8066, Sadashiva Nagar P.O. Bangalore – 560 080’ on or before 08.10.2021.
2. Self-attested Copies of the certificates related to age, qualifications, caste, experience etc., shall be submitted along with the application form.
3. Self-attested copy of valid GATE/ UGC NET score card in relevant area shall be submitted along with the application form.
4. Self-attested copies of research publications in journals and conferences, if any, should be attached along with the application form.
5. One recent passport size photograph shall be affixed to the application form.
6. A brief bio data of the candidate (not exceeding 1 page) shall be enclosed along with the application form.
7. Candidates already working in any Government organization should apply through proper channel.
*VISIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE BEFORE APPLY
OFFICIAL WEBSITE CLICK HERE
OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION CLICK HERE
OFFLINE FORM CLICK HERE
Follow Us on
Latest Jobs Civil Engineer CPRI JRF Posts